Join one of the largest photo and multimedia communities in the world! Commons is not only the image repository for Wikipedia, but an independent project that seeks to document the world with photos, videos and recordings.
– Upload photos to Commons directly from your smartphone
– Categorize your photos to make them easier for other people to find
– Categories are automatically suggested based on photo location data and title
– View nearby missing images – this helps Wikipedia to have images for all articles, and you will discover beautiful places close to you
– View all the contributions you have made to Commons in one gallery
Using the app is easy:
– Log in to your Wikimedia account (if you don\’t have an account, create one for free at this step)
– Select \’From Gallery\’ (or the picture icon)
– Select the picture that you wish to upload to Commons
– Enter a title and description for the picture
– Select the license that you wish to release your picture under
– Enter as many relevant categories as possible
– Press Save
The following guidelines will help you to understand what photos the community is looking for:
✓ Photos that document the world around you – famous people, political events, festivals, monuments, landscapes, natural objects and animals, food, architecture, etc
✓ Photos of notable objects that you find in the Nearby List in the app
✖ Copyrighted pictures
✖ Photos of you or your friends. But if you are documenting an event it doesn\’t matter if they are in the picture
✖ Photos of poor quality. Make sure the things you are trying to document are visible on the picture
This is a community-maintained, open-source app run by volunteers (and one Wikimedia grantee). New volunteers are always welcome, not just for coding, but also for testing, design, documentation, user education, etc. Come join us!
– Website: https://commons-app.github.io/
– Bug reports: https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons/issues
– Discussion: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:Mobile_app & https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/commons-app-android
– Source code: https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons
To Download Wikimedia Commons For PC,users need to install an Android Emulator like Xeplayer.With Xeplayer,you can Download Wikimedia Commons for PC version on your Windows 7,8,10 and Laptop.
How to Play Wikimedia Commons on PC,Laptop,Windows
1.Download and Install XePlayer Android Emulator.Click "Download XePlayer" to download.
2.Run XePlayer Android Emulator and login Google Play Store.
3.Open Google Play Store and search Wikimedia Commons and download,Or import the apk file from your PC Into XePlayer to install it.
4.Install Wikimedia Commons for PC.Now you can play Wikimedia Commons on PC.Have fun!